All about EDEN SUMMER
Early praise for EDEN SUMMER:
“A breathless read”
Guardian’s ‘best new children’s books’ round-up
“Readers will be hooked by this raw and emotional read”
“A truly gripping plot ... beautiful, emotionally rich writing.”
“Flanagan has a real ability to write from the heart, frankly and honestly, in a way that teens will love.”
"A top notch contemporary read... The lush, lyrical quality of [Flanagan's] writing reminded me of Jandy Nelson”
"A powerful exploration of the extraordinary power of friendship, both truthful and intense. It's that rare and wonderful thing, a thriller of the heart, written from the heart, and it hits home straight to the heart."
"Dazzling, gripping, leaves you gasping for air"
“Liz Flanagan plays a blinder in this stunning debut ... a beautiful, heart-rending tale ... The rugged, awe-inspiring countryside of West Yorkshire plays a starring role in this tense, highly-charged journey through adolescent friendship, loss, betrayal, bullying, tragedy and self-discovery ... A powerful, gripping debut from a talented new author”
Lancashire Evening Post
“A really outstanding debut”
Teens on Moon Lane
“The perfect fast-paced mysterious book to round off your vacation ... Think ‘Pretty Little Liars’, full of flashbacks, tension, and confusion in the best possible way."
United by Pop
"Bound to stick around in the back of your mind for months”
- “An excellent thriller with vibrant, emotionally driven characters and a superbly written backdrop” - Words from Darran blog and YouTube video
- "I was gripped from the beginning and didn't put it down until I finished” - The Reader’s Corner blog
- "A story that I needed to follow to the end” - Luna’s Little Library blog
- "An incredibly powerful book” - JazzyFizzle blog
- “A bittersweet but uplifting novel about how to go on after your world has been irreversibly changed” - Young Writers North blog
- “Exceptional… keeps you guessing to the end” - Calderdale Libraries YouTube review
- "A perfect example of the brilliance of UKYA” - Overflowing Library blog
- "A compellingly, beautifully poignant read” - Crime Warp blog
- “Told with a sure hand, an emotional heart, and a sense of conviction that doesn’t waver… an immensely strong debut novel” - Armadillo
- “A beautifully gritty novel, which scrapes at your insides to hollow you out and then fills you back up again.”
“You can't quite help but feel changed ... This summer, this is the book you want by your side.” - Weaving Pages blog
EDEN SUMMER was published on 7th July 2016 by David Fickling Books. Order your copy direct from the publisher here.
IT STARTS like any other day for Jess – get up, draw on eyeliner, cover up tattoos and head to school. But soon it’s clear this is no ordinary day, because Jess’s best friend Eden isn’t at school . . . she’s gone missing.
Jess knows she has to do everything in her power to try to find Eden before the unthinkable happens. So she decides to retrace the summer she and Eden have just spent together. But looking back means digging up all their buried secrets and she starts to question everything she thought Eden’s summer had been about . . .
A tense and thrilling journey through friendship, loss, betrayal and self-discovery...
Eden Summer has been nominated for the CILIP Carnegie Medal 2017! I'm so delighted that it's on this superb list, alongside so many of my favourite books of this year. Click here to see the full list.
Eden Summer blog tour!
Monday 11th July:
Tuesday 12th July:
Wednesday 13th July:
YA Yeah Yeah. Click here to read and watch the film clip.
Thursday 14th July:
The Reader's Corner: click here to read and watch the film.
Friday 15th July:
Tales of Yesterday: click here to read the review and watch the film.
Saturday 16th July:
Daydreaming Star: click here to read and watch the film.
28th June 2016:
I was delighted that Eden Summer was included in the Guardian's children's books round-up last weekend. Thanks to Michelle Pauli for the lovely review which called the story 'gripping'. Read the full review here.
25th April 2016:
My first review is in! I was so delighted to see that Eden Summer was an Editor's Choice pick for July in last week's Bookseller.